
Platforms! The ubiquitous shoe style of the 1970s, and friend to men and women alike - particularly those among us who prefer a little extra height. A four-season affair (although perhaps not the best choice for climates with winters of ice & snow unless your sense of fashion warrants risks of twisted ankles and broken legs), you can find platformed soles supporting the bodies of boots, clogs, oxfords, and strappier sandals just in time for spring and the bare legs of warm sunny days! Whether they're found in a wedge-style or with clunky heels, made of wood, cork or synthetics, platforms sure are a bold way to get around.




Hand-painted and six inches!




Boots for the office - Young Professional Platforms!
These look pretty good...


In dress patterns, and ads...











...not just for the ladies!

They were Stevie Nicks's go-to-footwear-of-choice: standing at 5'2", she felt compelled to make more of a presence of herself while on stage next to Lindsey Buckingham and the towering Mick Fleetwood.
"[I have} about 25 pairs. I have them in rose pink and gray blue and mauve. I have three or four pairs I wear every night."
Stevie Nicks, on her platform boots, Rolling Stone, 1994
Stevie's signature suede platform boot look:




(and check out that beautiful turquoise jewelry that of course I'm drooling over!)

4 comments:
MAN THOSE ARE SOME BIG SHOES!
I'm wanting some platform sandals this summer...I was going to buy some last year but chickened out.
Also, lol @ Mick Fleetwood's junk.
J - I just bought some at that vintage store we couldn't find in Charlottesville maybe a couple months ago - just another reason for you to come back to visit and we'll scour the racks again, now that I am properly armed with new knowledge of locations!!
And yeah,
Oh Mick.
Post a Comment