Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Buongiorno, Principessa




Ok, so...
Italian socialite Princess Luciana Pignatelli has got to be one of the most ridiculous people ever, and of course, I just have to share.

Here are a few quotes from her published pearls of wisdom:


“It does not matter what you start with, try to get by on nature alone past 30 and you are finished.”

“…the rage a few years ago with the chic Paris homosexuals, is this: Take the white of one egg, a teaspoon of the best olive oil, beat, and apply for 20 minutes. Remove with hot face towel, lace trim optional.”

“…with an active life, one tries to keep hair so simple that it can be washed at home if necessary.”

”As for split ends, I twist as much hair at a time as will go around a finger, then quickly singe the ends that stick out and will not twist, with a lit candle.”

“I understand that there is a Paris doctor who does eyelash implants. Next time I go to Paris, I intend to look into it.”

“…not always sitting with her legs crossed. (You tend to cross your legs with the same one always on top. In the long run, the inner thigh of the under leg gets flabby as a result.)”

”As for losing weight, Waldner suggests that the best times are when the moon is in Taurus or the sun is in an Earth sign.”

"There are the cheetahs of this world, and the hippopotami.”

”‘If you can stay on vegetable bouillon one day a week, it’s marvelous for you’, says Françoise de la Renta, wife of Oscar, the New York fashion designer. “You drink three quarts in twenty-four hours, preferably while resting, because lying down makes it more diuretic.’”

”I am a mineral water fiend, like most beautiful people…”


If I've completely piqued your interest to this outrageous socialite, I'm sorry because there really isn't just a whole lot of information out there about her. You can find her sparse wikipedia biography here and a 1971 article from TIME here. Though I can hardly say I agree with her philosophies, I do have to admit I'm really loving the blonde bouffant - molto bella!





























1 comment:

Richard Springer said...

This was a lovely blog ppost