He looked at me and said, "Mostly old country, but a lot of strange sounding things. Tell you what, I'll make you a mixtape."
Strange country indeed!
What sound patterns made their way through my ears the first time I hit play on Side B of that tape was a string of songs by Lee Hazlewood and Nancy Sinatra, haunting sounds from yesteryear that transported me to dimly-lit rooms where smoke lingered and psychedelic-tinged melodies hung around with boots and spurs, and personalities of mythical proportions resided pleasantly and eccentrically in Lee's deep voice paired with Nancy's warm growl.
A match made high in the clouds of musical heaven, where Lee surely now resides as musical royalty.





















































This entry is dedicated to my friend Tracy, Lightning's Girl herself.
4 comments:
Hey Little Lamb - What's your favorite Nancy Sinatra/Lee Hazlewood song?
It's hard to answer that, but these days I'm awfully fond of Sand. :)
You spoil me! I heart you. xoxo
thanks for the plug, Sar!
i just found new lovely music!
Post a Comment